Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My new mouse double-clicks really fast for some reason.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NotWill

NotWill

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:31 PM

So I got this mouse ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KD3NY2A/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A13C87COTJI9LR ) for my macbook so I wouldn't have to unplug my mouse from my pc when I wanted to game on my macbook.

But whenever I click on anything, it seems to click twice, no matter what setting the mouse "double click" setting is on. I put it the slowest possible and it still double clicks really fast. I also can't hold the mouse button and drag a window or something like that.

There's no drivers for this mouse, so anyone know how I can fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

Hello, 

That's an odd problem, but most likely it's a software setting that's causing it. Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/266738

If none of this helps, and if other "mice" don't develope this issue - most likely you have a faulty mouse. Try it on another PC and see how it goes. I've seen some topics on the internet about repairing such a problem - usually it's the click mechanism that is causing the problem, it is repairable, but involves skills and patience. I'd say it's not worth it in your case and you're better off contacting the seller and describing the issue. Hopefully they will replace it.

Hope this was helpful, best regards, Citizen_WD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users