Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help, I Installed A New Graphics Card and My Monitor Is Now Analog

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

I just installed a new Radeon R7 250 into my computer and I can not get the monitor to back to the way it use to look. It is now analog and it does not fit the screen. I have downloaded the drivers and I did everything that I think I was suppose to, but I still can't get it look good. Please help. 

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:37 PM

By the way, I am using an HDMI cable and after I restarted my computer it did not say analog this time, but it still does not fill the screen. I am ready to junk this graphics card and go back to running just stock.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

This isn't worth the hassle. I want to revert back to the stock graphics, I sure hopre I don't have any problems.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,904 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

Did you try right clicking on a blank piece of your desktop - ie one with no icons on it - then selecting 'Screen resolution' from the pop-up menu that appears ?  Then click 'detect' and set screen resolution to maximum.

And just for the future - how about giving people a chance to respond to your topic ?  Your first post is timed at 2000 hours and your third at 2106.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:53 AM

Did you try right clicking on a blank piece of your desktop - ie one with no icons on it - then selecting 'Screen resolution' from the pop-up menu that appears ?  Then click 'detect' and set screen resolution to maximum.

And just for the future - how about giving people a chance to respond to your topic ?  Your first post is timed at 2000 hours and your third at 2106.

Chris Cosgrove

Yes, I have done that repeatedly. I have worked this problem out from so many different angles, I was hoping that maybe there might be something that you guys can think of that I don't know about.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

Like I have said on this forum in several different threads, I am really new to this whole computer thing, but I am really loving it and I always feel the urge to tweak something. Well that graphics card idea went bust. I could not get the resolution to look right, it looked very distorted and the picture did not fill the screen. I took the video card out and now my system is back to its old self. I will be sending that video card back and I am going to be content with my system for now.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:16 AM

Like I have said on this forum in several different threads.

Why several threads ? we will answer when time permits.

As for the Video Card you can always refer to the documentation to set it up.

What size monitor do you have ? 

Try the settings within graphics setup program and configuration , eg resolution , adjust to screen edges , color etc etc.

but I am really loving it and I always feel the urge to tweak something

Maybe Patience would be better than Tweaking.

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

Try the settings within graphics setup program and configuration , eg resolution , adjust to screen edges , color etc etc.

Oh no, I am sorry if I didn't say it correctly. What I meant was that on several different threads I have told the story about my new-found love for computers and how I am now indulging in this whole thing as a hobby. This is the only thread where I asked for help about this particular problem. I am sorry if I was not clear. And yes, you are right about the patience thing, but I was anxious to take my system to the next level. I am certainly going to try to proceed with caution. Thanks for your response and advice.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

Oh no, I am sorry if I didn't say it correctly. What I meant was that on several different threads I have told the story about my new-found love for computers and how I am now indulging in this whole thing as a hobby. This is the only thread where I asked for help about this particular problem. I am sorry if I was not clear. And yes, you are right about the patience thing, but I was anxious to take my system to the next level. I am certainly going to try to proceed with caution. Thanks for your response and advice.

No problem -  im self taught in Pcs and Repairs and that took me yrs to gain skills

Hang in There and keep asking Questions , search the web for info , problem solve issues.

PCs dont have a steering wheel - but someones driving them.

#10 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:40 AM

Try going into Control Panel and messing with the resolution

Robert James Crawley Klopp

#11 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

Thanks guys. I removed that graphics card and I will try that project another time.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users