Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sinus Relief.. anyone have some good tips?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 09:26 PM

I have had a cold this past weekend. Not a big deal, but this particular is killing my sinuses. Afrin, tylenol cold/sinus, vics, etc aint working.

Ive been boiling hot water , putting it in a bowl, and putting a towel around my head while i inhale the steam until i hear the suction release of my sinuses.

Anyone have any easier better remedies? This is driving me crazy!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 09:57 PM

Im sorry that I do not suffer from sinus problems, but I did find something that may be helpful.

home remedies

Hope you are feeling better.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:09 PM

I recommend this:
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp raw honey
12-16 oz hot water
stir
finish
use Kleenex
sleep 7-8 hours
use Kleenex
work like ya normally do
repeat.
continue the process indefinitely. :thumbsup: use of Kleenex should be short term.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:16 PM

i had the WORST sinus problems, til i finally had surgery. but for about 4 years, i tried damn near EVERYTHING. i found one thing that always worked, and i always have it here in the house for just such situations as yours, grinler.

it's called pulsatilla, it's a homeopathic, it's natural, it's inexpensive, and it's AWESOME. it's especially good for those of us on high blood pressure meds that have to be careful about what sinus meds we take. you'll find it at any health store, or any herbalist. they're those little tiny white pills that you put under your tongue. not everything, homeopathically speaking, works...but this sure does!

good luck,

damgud

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:35 PM

I normally do not have sinus problems...its just this damn cold!

Thanks all for your tips...phawgg, I may skip that one :thumbsup: I do not work well with vinegar :flowers:

#6 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:55 PM

Aww Poor Grinler.. I suffer from sinus trouble pretty frequently so I sympathize. This fall has been horrible with the fallen leaves all over the place. I suffer until there is a good coating of snow on the ground :thumbsup: I don't do very well with sinus medications. They knock me right out. One thing that helps me is just a simple saline nasal spray. I hope you feel better soon Grinler.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:13 PM

Well I know that vics inhalation will unclog my nose! But sometimes it wont work. You have to get stronger stuff! I think heat can unclog your nose. I usually do this..........

Put my fingers over my nose holes and push up! Like a plunger type deal works everytime. Like I said heat........Get a cup of hot chocolate or boil water and smell steam. But not to much steam is water and could make you sick. Maybe skip the steam.......

I really dont know much more sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users