Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying ads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 isley_w66

isley_w66

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

Good day everyone.

My daughter and wife will sometimes use my desktop for the faster speeds it can produce over laptops but I cannot blame them for what happened.  Somewhere I downloaded a file that had this Adware/Malware piggy-backed for a ride to install on my computer.  I have "  Ad by CloudScout  " which underlines certain and random texts from web search pages and creates pop-up ads that slow down my system.  I've looked throughout the forums and found only a couple that really pertain to what I'm experiencing.  I use FireFox mainly for my web needs but wife/daughter use IE and Google Chrome.

I've read a couple threads that sounded similar and have downloaded/installed the chosen cleaning tools and saved all the logs to my desktop.  I am somewhat knowledgeable with cleaning and keeping up-to-date but I understand I do not know even a fraction needed.

These are the programs I've installed and ran:

FSS

mbar

rkill

MiniToolBox

SecurityCheck

I have Comodo Internet Security free version and have MalwareBytes, Spybot Search & Destroy, AdwCleaner, Avast-Brouser Cleaner, JRT, RogueKiller....I've been looking for a fix for quite a while and think I've installed more than what is needed.

I've deleted FireFox and Chrome with new downloads but FireFox still remains infected by Ad by CloudScout.  I've looked in installed programs to Uninstall but there is nothing there with that name.  I have AdBlock Plus, Popup Blocker for my browser but cannot find any references to that ad/malware.

I'm at whits end with finding this. 

Thanks in advance for helping.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AAE32

AAE32

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

Reset your browser web settings to its default settings, and then change your dns servers to googles 8.8.8.8 () 8.8.4.4

How to Reset Your Web Browser To Its Default Settings

Windows 7: DNS Addressing - How to Change in Windows 7

Tell me if the issue still presists.

Edited by AAE32, 14 March 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#3 isley_w66

isley_w66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

You, kind sir, are a magician.  So far I have not been bogged down or seen any 'Ad by CloudScout'.  I thank you very much for helping me.

W Isley

#4 AAE32

AAE32

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

Thank you for your kind words sir! I can help you anytime agian :)

Edited by AAE32, 14 March 2015 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users