Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help choosing a barebones kit for new build

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gmambrose

gmambrose

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

Hello, I am looking to build a new PC to replace my current one which is many years old and while still running, definitely starting to show it's age. I currently have an AMD phenom x4 9850 with 8GB ram running windows 7 on a standard SATA harddrive. I would like to upgrade to an Intel core i7 with at least 8 GB ram, a SSD and will likely run windows 7 or 8. I'd like to purchase a barebones kit which includes motherboard, processor, RAM, SSD, case and power supply. I wanted to see if anyone has suggestions on where to purchase these components already bundled in a kit? I know tigerdirect has some good barebones kits, any one know if there is anywhere else that is better? Price range will be somewhere between $600 and $800, although i'd like to keep it lower if possible. I want this system to last me a good long time, so I would like to get good quality components. I was looking at this system which seems to be well priced and includes all of what I need. Does this seem like a decent price to everybody? Thanks so much in advance for any and all suggestions. I was just going to wing it, but I figured I should ask for some opinions first! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

There are a lot of different sites, this one is fun;

http://pcpartpicker.com/

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

That build kit that you linked to does not seem to have an OS included. Make sure you budget for that.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users