Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb intenso business line 32gb(suddenly not working)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 paulos123

paulos123

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

hello guys today i pluged in my usb to copy a movie,and i copied it to the usb and after i checked another folder of the usb and some files were dissapeared.so next time i pluged it in to the laptop it never worked.

i mean it cant be recognized,

i want you guys to guide me through,if i can run some diagnosis tests or do a low level format to the usb or something to fix it if tis possible.

thanks anyway

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

FIrst reboot the computer and see if it gets detected. Try a different USB port. If not detected go to Disk Managment and see if the USB is given a drive letter. With no drive letter the USB will not show in Computer.

If the USB is not detected in Disk Managment download and run USBdeview. It will show all devices that are attached or were attached to the computer. Delete all Vendor Specific devices including your intenso flash drive except your mouse, keyboard, network adapter if USB, and your printer. After deleting all your old vendor specific devices then reboot the computer and attach the USB flash drive. Hopefully it will be detected.

Edited by JohnC_21, 14 March 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#3 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

first of all it  gets detected but

with double click its says its not accecible,its corrupted and unreadable.

when i connect it with the tv though it can play only 2 movies or something......

also in disk managment it says,healthy but file system is RAW

Edited by paulos123, 14 March 2015 - 02:32 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,311 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

RAW means the file system and/or the partition table is corrupted. Do you need any data on the USB flash drive?

#5 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

yes i need them thats the problem........

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,311 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

Download Testdisk for Windows v6.14. Unzip to a folder on your desktop. Follow the guide here but do not write anything. Your priority is to save the files. Once the files are recovered you can see if writing a new partition table will recover the USB flash drive to a normal state.Do a Quick Search and see if it detects the partition on the USB flash drive. If not do a Deep Search. If your partition is detected, highlight the Partition and press the upper case "P". This will list all the files it can find in the partiiton. Press the ":" key to highlight each item you want to copy. Pressing lower case "a" will select all files and upper case "C" will copy them. The default location for recovery will be the folder you unzipped Testdisk to.

#7 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

johnc_21 you are amazing dude,im gonna follow the instructions and do it and save the important files only.

Once the files are recovered you can see if writing a new partition table will recover the USB flash drive to a normal state

with the above words you mean after i save my files to format the usb to see if it will work?

why not do a low level format?

also before some minutes you post i started a scan with easeus data recovery,lets see what it can do and after go to testdisk

Edited by paulos123, 14 March 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,311 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

If you have recovered your files then you can see if writing a new partition table will work. This would bring back the drive as it was with all files on the USB flash drive. When you get to the screen with the partition shown, press the Upper Case "P" as you have already done. Then press upper case "Q" to go back one screen. You will see a Write in the lower window. Select Write and it will confirm if you want to write a new partition table. See the guide I linked to on writing the new partition table. After writing the new partition table reboot the computer and see if you access the files on the USB flash drive.

I wanted you to recover the files first because sometimes the write to create a new partition table will go bad. If it goes good then your USB flash drive will not longer be RAW and you will see all your files on the USB flash drive.

Edit: Were you able to recover your files with Testdisk. If not then Easeus is the next best option.

Edited by JohnC_21, 14 March 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#9 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

easeus finished but all files are corrupted nothing is saved......

also with testdisk i was not able to create new partition neither to save files

also with stellar phoenix it says badly corrupted

Edited by paulos123, 14 March 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,311 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

Have you tried doing a Deep Search with Testdisk to see if it can locate any partitions. If all the files recovered with Easeus were corrupted, that does not look good. You may be able to get some files but there is a risk. Open a command prompt by typing CMD in the search box and Right click Run as Administrator. Then type

chkdsk /r X:   where X: is the drive letter of your USB flash drive.

This will try and repair the file system. There is a possibility this can make thing worse but it could also get back some of your files. Some of the files may be unrecoverable. The other option is to use a professional data recovery service but this can be very expensive.

#11 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

i did it and it says:windows have made corrections to the file system no action is required.

and below it say how much space is free and other info

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,311 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

Sorry, now that I remember, chkdsk is not available on a RAW drive. Tou may want to try is reclaime. Other people on the forum have had success with it.  If this does not recover files then I am afraid the only option would be a professional data recovery service.

Photorec which is part of the Testdisk files you unzipped is a free file recovery software but if Easeus cannot recover the file or stellar phoenix then I doubt Photorec would work but you can give it a try. Any file names recovered would be generic with the correct extension. You would need to try opening them and give them the correct name.

#13 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

suddenly it works and all my files appeard............im gonna backup now.......

if i need to refresh the drive so that it will be fine for future use,should i do a llf?

i see that a lot of files are missing and other files i have deleted before time ago appeared now........

Edited by paulos123, 14 March 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,311 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

If you can see your files, then back them up as you say.  I would download Partition Wizard and Delete the partition on the drive and create a new one and format NTFS or Fat32. NTFS is a journaling File System which may decrease the life of the drive but it is more robust than FAT32. This will also let you copy files that are over 4GB in size. FAT32 will not let you copy anything over 4GB.

Here is an article that will let you determine if you want NTFS or FAT32 on the USB flash drive.

I do not think you would need to do a LLF on the flash drive. That would just add a lot of writes to the Flash Drive and wear it out sooner. Deleting the partition and creating a new one should be sufficient.

Edit: If the USB flash drive is still under warranty you may want to RMA it for a new one if the company allows it.

Edited by JohnC_21, 14 March 2015 - 06:00 PM.

#15 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

i had it always as ntfs.usb is out of warranty now,so for now im not gonna do a llf im just going to create a new partition.

JohnC_21 you helped me a lot today with quick and reliable answers and for hours now.

big thank you i want you to know that appreciate your time a lot,keep up the good work and have a nice night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users