Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 randomly freezes/locks up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 citizencj

citizencj

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

Hi all, Im getting random freezes suddenly on my Win 7 hp pavilion dv2000 laptop. It boots up fine and a little after I start using it, it freezes. I can see the Hdd light is solid, but cant get to task manager, control panel or anything else. Had Kaspersky on it, but that was acting very strangely, it kept coming up with a panel that said "enabling ant-virus" which I never had before, so I removed it.

Have run Avira rescue disk and Bitdefender rescue disk, as well as Malwarebytes. The Avira found seven infections and I think it cleared them (I think, it didnt show which ones were there or give me confirmation that anything was removed). And ran it again, and it showed nothing found. It seemed okay for a day, and then it started occurring again. while this is going on. If I turn off the wifi it seems to freeze for longer periods, but that may just be my imagination. Any ideas how to fix these freezes or lock ups?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users