Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VHD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

my friend is working in a company they have a few VHD AWHERE THEY SAVE STUFF TOO THE MAIN ONE IS NOW FULL CAN I JUST CREATE ONE NORMALLY AND LET THEM USE THAT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

also is it possible if i haver a physical hardisk to make it bigger by virtualisin it and if so how do i do this

#3 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

i just created a virtual hardisk on my windows 7 trying it out in disk management its there but its not showing up in my computer?

#4 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:16 AM

also how do i know what size limit i can make my virtual hardrive

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

The virtual drive size is only limited to the available space on the physical drive its created on. After creating a VHD to need to Attach the VHD in Disk Management. It depends on what they are using the VHD for if they are using it for a Virtual Machine it will depend on the software environment they are using.  

Edited by Sneakycyber, 04 April 2015 - 08:49 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 kBWarrior

kBWarrior

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

I love the way this guy posts, it's like he is texting.  Hysterical.

As for helping him - What is your virtual host?  Hyper-V, XenServer, ESXi..... Help us, help you. :)

#7 ShouldAt3

ShouldAt3

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

also is it possible if i haver a physical hardisk to make it bigger by virtualisin it and if so how do i do this

In VMware ESXi (and possibly other virtualization solutions) you have an option of making your disk a thin disk. This means that the disk will use only as much space as actually needed. For example, a 5 GB disk with 3 GB of space will use only 3 GB of space. Look here for more info: http://vmware-esxi.com/virtual-disk-types/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users