Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NEW Wanscam Setup Help!!!!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 viccowface

viccowface

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

Hello people!

I'm starting a new post in order to help people at the setup of Wanscam Cameras, Zmodo DVR....

Regards

Vic

Regards,

Vic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buzzbomb01

buzzbomb01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:57 AM

Hi Vicc good to hear from you.again. I am now back in Greece and trying to setup my HW0039.. Have installed eview 7 app on my fone and scanned in the bar code. The camera name and id appears ok but when I click on it it trys to connect but then says "device is offline"  Have also tried the search option but still nothing. I have connected the camera to the router using a ethernet cable so do not understand why it is still not connecting. Have you any suggestions.

#3 viccowface

viccowface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

Hello Buzz

How do you do?

Did you fill in the user and pass for your camera? could be the password, please check again and let me know!!

Hi Vicc good to hear from you.again. I am now back in Greece and trying to setup my HW0039.. Have installed eview 7 app on my fone and scanned in the bar code. The camera name and id appears ok but when I click on it it trys to connect but then says "device is offline"  Have also tried the search option but still nothing. I have connected the camera to the router using a ethernet cable so do not understand why it is still not connecting. Have you any suggestions.

Regards,

Vic

#4 buzzbomb01

buzzbomb01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

Thanks Vicc. De powered it and now it is online. Have now setup wifi and it appears to be working ok thro the e view app..  The focus appears to be out quite a bit but will have to wait until tomorrow to fix as it is now night time. No doubt I will b back with more questions.!!!!!

Edited by buzzbomb01, 14 March 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#5 viccowface

viccowface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

Excelent Buzz!!!

Regards.

Thanks Vicc. De powered it and now it is online. Have now setup wifi and it appears to be working ok thro the e view app..  The focus appears to be out quite a bit but will have to wait until tomorrow to fix as it is now night time. No doubt I will b back with more questions.!!!!!

Regards,

Vic

#6 buzzbomb01

buzzbomb01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

Hi Vic.the camera is now working using the e view7 app on my android devices and my wifes ipad. Still a couple of small issues but will come back to them . More important is that when I was trying to access the camera using IE. it accessed it ok but did not show the video as it said I had to install OCX controls. When I tried to download the control file from wanscam web site (ovideo) my Avast virus guard said the file was infected with win32:malware gen and blocked it.Have you come across this ?

#7 viccowface

viccowface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

wow... I've never heard about the malware on Wanscam products (software) they are clean as I know... could be a mistake but I'll contact the webmaster of them right now, but be sure to download from Wanscam Official Site, about the issue on IE, If the ActiveX installation failed,then you are still unable to see a live video, just a black screen, please
don't forget to allow the ActiveX plug-in to run when prompted. ( Tools-Internet Options-Security-Custom level-Enable all the ActiveX.)

regards.

Hi Vic.the camera is now working using the e view7 app on my android devices and my wifes ipad. Still a couple of small issues but will come back to them . More important is that when I was trying to access the camera using IE. it accessed it ok but did not show the video as it said I had to install OCX controls. When I tried to download the control file from wanscam web site (ovideo) my Avast virus guard said the file was infected with win32:malware gen and blocked it.Have you come across this ?

Regards,

Vic

#8 viccowface

viccowface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

Hello again Buzz

My partner at Wanscam wrote to me this:

"As the plug-in is not verified by Microsoft, so it will be regarded as virus.  When you want to install it, you need to exit the firewall first.
It will not hurt your computer, and you just need to exit your firwall for the first time when you download and install.  And then you don't need to do it again any more."

Hope this could help you!

wow... I've never heard about the malware on Wanscam products (software) they are clean as I know... could be a mistake but I'll contact the webmaster of them right now, but be sure to download from Wanscam Official Site, about the issue on IE, If the ActiveX installation failed,then you are still unable to see a live video, just a black screen, please
don't forget to allow the ActiveX plug-in to run when prompted. ( Tools-Internet Options-Security-Custom level-Enable all the ActiveX.)

regards.

Regards,

Vic

#9 buzzbomb01

buzzbomb01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

Thanks Vicc will give your 2 suggestions a try tomorrow.  I am so glad you are out there helping us novice users.

buzz

#10 viccowface

viccowface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

my pleasure!! :grinner:

Thanks Vicc will give your 2 suggestions a try tomorrow.  I am so glad you are out there helping us novice users.

buzz

Regards,

Vic

#11 buzzbomb01

buzzbomb01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:56 AM

Morning Vicc. Have enabled all the active x options ie ( Tools-Internet Options-Security-Custom level-Enable all the ActiveX.).Have installed VideoActiveX from the wanscam web site but when I try to access the camera within my wifi area (192.168.1.9:99) using IE it opens the normal control panel but there is no video. ie dark blank screen.  Have I  misssed something ?

When I do the same method using firefox the video is there ok although it has a lot of pixelation. (do not have that problem when using e view 7  on my tablet or ipad)

All suggestions welcomed.

#12 viccowface

viccowface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

hello Buzz!!

If you want, I can check your camera, If you are agree, please PM to me with an temporal user and password in order to check!

regards

Morning Vicc. Have enabled all the active x options ie ( Tools-Internet Options-Security-Custom level-Enable all the ActiveX.).Have installed VideoActiveX from the wanscam web site but when I try to access the camera within my wifi area (192.168.1.9:99) using IE it opens the normal control panel but there is no video. ie dark blank screen.  Have I  misssed something ?

When I do the same method using firefox the video is there ok although it has a lot of pixelation. (do not have that problem when using e view 7  on my tablet or ipad)

All suggestions welcomed.

Regards,

Vic

#13 buzzbomb01

buzzbomb01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

Hi vicc have sent u a pm

Buzz

#14 buzzbomb01

buzzbomb01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Hi Vicc laptop working again so if u want to access using teamviewer let me know.

#15 buzzbomb01

buzzbomb01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:14 AM

Hi Vicc back home in Scotland. Can access my camera using both e view7 and video client. but the camera is being very slow to respond.  This started to happen when I was over in Greece but thought it was down to poor internet over there. My internet speed here is 14m so know that is not the problem.  The last time you accessed the camera I think you changed the FPS rate to 10 and that made a great  improvement to the speed and picture quality. Unfortunately I cannot find that setting in either eview7 or Video Client. Can you help.

Buzz 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users