Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.messa and fear of keyloggers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deranged_Sherlock

Deranged_Sherlock

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

Hi, 

I am reaching out because I have reason to believe that someone has gained access to my computer. Upon facebook login I was asked to insert my phonenumber (which I always had on and active to receive suspicious logins -2step verification-). However, I never received any text message. Facebook asked me to change my password and I went and checked my settings to see that the phone warning was switched off, I didn´t make that change. In my hotmail emails I found two messages at times when I was not active on facebook about my phone having been removed from my facebook account. However, facebook was open on my browser tabs. 

Then in gmail I saw that there was activity in the US, when I am based in europe. Needless to say, I am now thinking someone has remotely gained access to my computer. My ex had the name, password, ip and MAC address of my router and has contacts in the field. Additionally he has my phonenumber.

My system is Windows 8.1
AVG Antivirus free edition 2013
Malwarebytes found rougue and backdoor.messa. These have been removed now
FRST has found some additional entries

If there is anything you need to know to help me figure out what is happening, please let me know. I am hoping to fix this as I would like to know if indeed my computer has been remotely accessed and my identity compromised.

Paranoia level is: UP UP UP

Edited by Deranged_Sherlock, 13 March 2015 - 07:29 PM.
moved from Windows 8 to the appropriate forum for malware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Deranged_Sherlock

Deranged_Sherlock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

unable to upload the log as it keeps giving me a timeout error? Is this normal??

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:36 PM

Edited to remove posted suggestion.  As a student in the Malware Removal training I can not make suggestions in this forum.

Edited by dc3, 14 March 2015 - 12:39 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users