Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

REBOOT ERROR MESSAGES

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 solero

solero

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:00 PM

Hi,

Today I removed the COOLWEBSEARCH hijack, so far so good, however, I now have a problem rebooting my computer. It will only reboot after maybe 4-7 attempts.

I think that this problem is also preventing me from re-enabling SYSTEM RESTORE, which I had to disable to clear the hijack. I have WINME.

Windows doesn't load and then I get the dark blue screen with white writing telling me that an error has occured. I have 2 options, either to press CTRL-ALT-DEL or continue to windows.
This is the error message on that screen;
ERROR: OE: 0197: BFF8E64B

When I try to continue on to windows another message appears saying this;
EXPLORER caused a general protection fault in module GDI.EXE at 0005:00002811.

Hope you guys can help with this one...

Mark.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 solero

solero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:47 AM

Hi,

I just want to say that I had to format my hard drive and re-install windows as windows wasn't loading anymore. I guess I must have deleted some vital registry entries in my effort to get rid of those Cool websearch mo***rFu****s!!

Later....

Mark. :thumbsup:

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:45 PM

Ack sorry to hear that. Yeah it is always safe to ask advice from other if your even the slightest unsure about something when using hijackthis. As you can see it is possible to mess up your system :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users