Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I tried to logon to 192.168.I.I as recommended, but got a fail -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 goldtara

goldtara

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:00 PM

Hi, 
This is my first post, so please be kind if the post is not placed in the right location. 
My home gateway / vivid wireless "4G" account is a few years old, but it seems that the speed is getting slow more often, which is quite frustrating. 
Looking on the forum, it is recommended to have a look at RSSI and CINR parameters, so I tried to logon to 192.168.I.I as recommended, but got a fail -1 error when entering logon details. 
I followed http://www.192168ll.website/ 
Can you please help? 
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

http://192.168.1.1  <-- 1's not I's.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 March 2015 - 03:33 PM.
edited for language removal

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Javrak

Javrak

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

Asuming that 192.168.1.1 is the gateway. Easy way to check and make sure it's the gateway, hold windows key, hit "R", type in cmd into the run window that opens, once you are in the command prompt window type in ipconfig, look for where it says "Default Gateway                 ---.---.---.---". The "---.---.---.---" will be the address you need to put into a web address bar to access the device.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

The easiest way is to open a command prompt by typing CMD in the run or search box.  When the black window comes up type IPCONFIG and press enter.  The number you are looking for is the Default Gateway.  As the others have mentioned they are all numbers, no letters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users