Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

windows xp system care program is needed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

hi to all,

after a long time with glarys utilities i think it's time to move on something better

i have seen that 10bits advanced system care pro have received some good ratings and the price is cheap too 

the only thing is missing from that program is the wipe free space

please, what is your advice ?

i am running windows xp x86 sp3

4 gb ddr3 ram 1 dimm

intel g530 cpu

thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2015 - 01:17 PM.
Moved from XP to All Other Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

Hello there,

Bleeping Computer does not recommend PC Optimizer/Booster programs for a lot of reasons.

warning.gifPC Booster/Tune-Up Program Warning!
"PC Booster/Tune Up" programs are part of the worst programs you can install on a system. When it comes to messing up your system (Windows), these are as worst as malware. They are completely worthless and useless to use. The worst is that they'll often take action on your system without you knowing, nor authorizing it, which could lead to your system being altered in a way you don't want it to be or even worst, a "broke" system. Every feature they provide, you can either do it natively under Windows, do it via another standalone executable (which is way easier and safer to use) or they aren't providing something you need. Here's a few examples:
  • Cleaning temporary files: TFC (standalone executable), CCleaner (installed), Cleanmgr.exe (in-built);
  • Managing start-up entries: Autoruns (standalone executable), CCleaner (installed), Task Manager and Registry (in-built);
  • Driver Updater: Not needed, all you need is to go on your manufacturer website so you'll be sure to get the right, official, working drivers for your computer or hardware;
  • Registry Cleaner/Defragger: Completely useless and also dangerous;
  • Disk Defragging: Disk Defrag (in-built), O&O Disk Defrag (installed), Defraggler (installed);
  • Powerful uninstaller: Not needed, only needed when you have to make sure a program is completely uninstalled. Revo Uninstaller have a portable version you can use;
  • "Enhanced" Task Manager: Procexp (standalone executable), Process Hacker (portable or installed);
  • "Active security": Any Antivirus and Antimalware can beat that, easily. These programs aren't made to replace Antivirus or Antimalware products and shouldn't be seen as such;
  • Repair Hard Drive issues: Simple chkdsk /r command under Windows (in-built);
Having such program installing on your system will just bloat it down and you have more chances to have issues by using them than without. These products are advertised as a program that can solve all your issues, remove every malware, speed up your computer performance over 100%, etc. The truth is that there's not a single program that can do that. First of all, these programs aren't made to remove virus and malware, leave this in the hands of Antivirus and Antimalware, period. Secondly, there's so many kind of issues under Windows that there's not a single program that can address them all. If you think that BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) issues can be solved by opening a program and clicking on a "Fix" button, then I'm sorry to tell you but, you're wrong. Also, you cannot boost the performance of a hardware over it's hardware capabilities. Of course you can overclock some components, like your CPU, RAM and GPU, but these aren't done via these programs, but via your BIOS interface. I could recommend you a program for every feature these programs advertise, and also tell you exactly in detail why most of them are completely useless, such as Registry cleaner (dangerous to use), and driver updater (dangerous to use, and also completely useless, it'll not improve your system performance). In the end, buying such programs is the exact same as being scammed (because this is what it is, a pure scam) and using one of these programs will result you in having a system less performant than prior to using it.

Canned speech credit goes to my friend Aura - you'll see him around.

Regards,
Alex

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

Add System Mechanics Pro Plus Premium whatever to that list of programs to avoid.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

Louis

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

good morning dear alexstrasza, rolandjs, hamluis

i really thank all of you very much for the very detailed replies

i agree with you dear alex for all that you have wrote 

the only program i was using about a year ago was the registar registry manager for deleting registry entries 

then i was using glarys utilities only because it was more easier to have a single program for cleaning the registry, temp files, defragment etc

as for security now i have the zonealarm (checkpoint 2015 free) and the malwarebytes

i will check dear rolandjs the program you have suggested, also dear hamluis i will seat down to read all about the links you have posted

it is not an easy job but i will try 

thanks gain to all

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:23 AM

as for security now i have the zonealarm (checkpoint 2015 free) and the malwarebytes

You are not using an antivirus (AV) solution - ZoneAlarm Free is a firewall, and Malwarebytes is an antimalware (AM) solution - NOT an antivirus.

Not using an antivirus can leave you wide open to various infections.

I hereby recommend that you get an antivirus solution immediately - since Windows XP support has ended, this makes having an AV all the more important.

Regards,
Alex

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:30 AM

Add System Mechanics Pro Plus Premium whatever to that list of programs to avoid.

"i will check dear rolandjs the program you have suggested,.."  OP

Avioid System Mechanics -- it is not needed for your computer.  It can cause problems for Windows.

Edited by RolandJS, 14 March 2015 - 09:30 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#8 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

good evening to all,

i thank all of you for your kind replies

dear Alexstrasza the zonealarm free 2015 i use it have antivirus and firewall

it is a complete security system but as a free version last only till the end of this year

ok, dear RolandJS i will not install system mechanics

thanks again

#9 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

You are welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

If you encounter any problem, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Alex

#10 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

good evening dear Alexstrasza

i thank you very much for your kind help

certainly yes, i will ask if i have any problem

the forum is really great

many thanks to all