Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

''Register/post before being able 2 download''

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Simply Nick

Simply Nick

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:25 AM

I hate it.

Most forums I am on require registering and posts to be able to download files they aren't associated with.

Then there are those who limit the amount of downloads you can make every 24hr.

How do I bypass this? I've seen tutorials here and there, but I cannot find them. If I recall, it's rather simple, but I have no experience with scripts and such.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

I doubt that BleepingComputer will help you bypass the restrictions in place on other forums. These restrictions are being put by the owners to limit leeching mostly so if you really want to download something, sign up and post on it or fill any other requirements that is being asked. Simple as that.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

Aura is correct. Other forums have their policies. We will not help you circumvent those policies.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

simple. 

step one: Click Register

Step two: fill out all required information

step three: fill out payment information (if required)

step four: download needed file.

:D hope that helped :D

Edited by the_patriot11, 13 March 2015 - 07:53 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 Simply Nick

Simply Nick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

simple. 

step one: Click Register

Step two: fill out all required information

step three: fill out payment information (if required)

step four: download needed file.

:D hope that helped :D

Two have already answered, and I understand their views, but some people abuse the register/post feature to gain easy ad money, and I don't like that. If you're not willing to do me a favor, then don't even bother with your flippant attitude.

Edited by Simply Nick, 14 March 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

If you're not willing to do me a favor

What we aren't willing to do here, is to show you how to bypass the restrictions put in place on a website/forum to abuse them. What you are asking is wrong and you're asking us how you could do something wrong, so of course we won't tell you how.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

The position of Bleeping Computer has been made clear. No one will be doing any favors in regards to this.

Patriot is staff here. He knows what you asked is an attempt to circumvent restrictions other forums have and he knows that we cannot help you. Flippant attitude or not, he is not willing to do you a favor. Neither is anyone else who follow the rules here.

This topic is closed.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Bleeping Computer rules are here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

The specific portion that applies to you:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users