Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't delete ghost video download

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 patch123

patch123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:45 AM

Hi all - have a ghost video file in my download folder - it has a name but 0 bytres.  I believe it was a terminated download.   I doubt it is a virus.  Can't delete.  Have tried Safe Mode without success.  Have done a check disc process without success.  Have entered Dos via CMD to access and locate the file but it still has no identity to delete ie] 

17/01/2015    0    Red Sea

1 File [s]        0    byte

2 Dir [s]  287,102,070,784 bytes free

All guidance from advice sites require an identitywith ~1 where the 0 number is currently showing in order to delete.   Have tried to attach an identity or replace the 0 with an identity but obviously failed.   I downloaded a speciman video to compare what showed up but that too was missing that vital ingredient.   So videos seem to have different formula.

Any suggestions please bearing in mind my only knowledge is gleaned from Youtube or similar so please don't assume I will grasp any abbreviated or overly technical answers.

I'm running Windows 8      

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users