Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not really a problem, just a question for a media PC.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 maxell505

maxell505

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

Hi everyone. I have a dell computer that I have been using since 2005. It has a Pentium 4 processor and 4 gb of ram. It does not have a wifi card so I have to use the internet by having a direct connection with the ethernet cord with it. So I recently just bought a new all in one computer and I want to convert the old dell computer into a media PC for my living room. I wanted to know if there is anyway that I can add wifi to this computer so it can connect to my Netgear r7000 Nighthawk AC Router? I want to be able to surf the web and get on hulu and other media sites using this computer on my living room tv which is about 50 ft away from my router.

Also I was wanting to know what the best air mouse is under $30. I have vision problems and I would like to use a regular air mouse to navigate through the operating system I end up installing on this old PC(I don't know if I should install Ubuntu or Windows 7 yet. I am still deciding). I can use an on screen keyboard or something like that with the air mouse. I just need the air mouse to be very accurate so I can do it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:40 PM

Here is a USB 2.0 wireless NIC I have used in the past.  It works well.

I realize this is not under 30.00 But you also asked for the most accurate which from reviews this air mouse claims to be.

#3 maxell505

maxell505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:43 PM

Here is a USB 2.0 wireless NIC I have used in the past.  It works well.

I realize this is not under 30.00 But you also asked for the most accurate which from reviews this air mouse claims to be.

OK so this USB WiFi adapter must have some sort of driver or CD or something that comes with it right? I'm planning on installing Windows 7 on it so how do I know it will work with my computer?

Also thanks for the suggestion for the air mouse but $90 is just too much over what I am willing to spend. Max I would go would be $40-$45. But thanks anyway for that.

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Yes it comes with a driver CD And on the newegg site it works for windows 8 so it should work fine for windows 7 I have used it on windows XP.  So you should be fine.  I am not really familiar with accuracy on air mice so maybe someone else here who is will chime in.  I usually look at reviews.  So I hope you can find one your happy with that you can afford.

#5 maxell505

maxell505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

Yes it comes with a driver CD And on the newegg site it works for windows 8 so it should work fine for windows 7 I have used it on windows XP.  So you should be fine.  I am not really familiar with accuracy on air mice so maybe someone else here who is will chime in.  I usually look at reviews.  So I hope you can find one your happy with that you can afford.

Thank you so much for your help. You clarified my question very nicely

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

May be of interest, I have three machines.  Two have wireless mice, they are on the same table.  Hate to say how many times I mix or miss place one or the other, My tower is wired it never hides!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users