Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

remote desktop CAL setup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zack2213

zack2213

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

I have server 2012 machine that 4 outside computers connect to via. remote desktop services.  The 120 trial period has expired.  I purchased 4 CALS a licensed them them, it said successfully.

When I connect I still get the error message:

The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers available to provide a license

I have been told that each configured user has to allocated a CAL but I cant seem to find any instructions on how to do this.

Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:14 AM

You might want to go through this and make sure everything is configured properly. Users also have to click the Advanced tab when logging in for the first time and configure additional settings. http://www.dabcc.com/documentlibrary/file/Deploying%20Remote%20Desktop%20Licensing%20Step-by-Step%20Guide.pdf

#3 kBWarrior

kBWarrior

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

There are two types of CALs.

General Windows Server CALs and RDS CALs.

I am thinking you purchased Windows Server CALs.

You need to get Windows Server RDS Per User or Per Device CALs.

You will then activate a licensing server (You could install the feature on your existing terminal server) and install the RDS CALs, be it Retail or Open Volume licensing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users