Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google voice mike doesn't work ----

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

I have been using google voice (which is now part of "hangouts') All of a sudden, when I made a call, the calling screen
displays a message that the microphone is not working and that to regain access, I should
 "click on the URL"   Unfortunately there is no URL on the screen to clock on. Cany anyone enlighten me how to rectify this?  By the way, I clicked on the Microphone image, but it did nothing.

Advice would be welcome ( I know, get rid of Google- right?)   

Does anyone know anything about Windows Phone ande whether it is similar and free like Google Voice?

44 Guy

Edit: Topic moved from Business Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

Great ,message Animal...if true, what is the new forum, or are you keeping it a secret?

44guy

#3 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

I figured out  how to solve this problem. The message on the google voice black dialing screen is ludicrous. It shoujd direct you back to the prior page used, then up to the URL bar at the top of that PRIOR PAGE, where you will see a box with a red X. Click on it and the mike will work.

The people at Google should hire somebody who knows how to write proper instructions.

Maybe  they should hire an older guy like me who knows how to explain things to non-geeks!

44 Guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users