Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Licencing Woes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Delta-V

Delta-V

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

So I am doing a rebuild of Asus workstation we have. The workstation has a sticker on the bottom "Windows 7 Home Prem OA"

In the notes for this workstation it mentions it an upgrade code was used to convert it into business edition.

Here is my plan of attack:

1. Use my personal generic windows OEM disk to re-image the machine.
  2. Input the sticker OA license key the register the Home Premium OEM.
  3. Find somewhere to stick the upgrade code?

I don't have a intricate understanding of how Microsoft handles it's licensing. 

Does this sound legit?

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:43 AM

Microsoft and/or the OEM manufacturer...these are the sole arbiters/registering authorities concerning Windows on OEM systems.  If you have questions about the licensing of an OEM system...you can contact either the manufacturer of the system or Microsoft for the details you inquired about.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users