Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tcp/ip error 24 potential malware issue but unsure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dtm2525

dtm2525

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

hi i am running:

Samsung R530/R730

windows 7 ultimate, service pack 1

Pentium dual core cpu

T4300 @ 2.10GHz x2

RAM 8.00GB

64bit OS

and my avg pc tune up software brought this to my attention! it gives me no option to update, install or roll back the driver and cant seem to find much info on the web about it other than the few steps ive tried i.e; Microsoft fix-it (didn't work), uninstalling the driver (made it disappeared altogether without the choice to reinstall, also lost the ability to connect to the internet obviously), also tried a program called "RestoreTCPIPProtocolDriverWindows7" (not sure what it did as it opened a CMD window and quickly disappeared) and finally i tried the winsock method (also did nothing)  

Attached File  pc pic.jpg   108.26KB   1 downloads

the reason i suspected malware is that i recently used "mall-ware bytes" and found a few things that avg had missed!

also everytime windows starts up a quick command pops up with the MCE icon and quickly disapears (might not be related but has only started doing it recently)

hope the infomation helps and will be happy to provide more! also sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum but this is my first post here 

many thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2015 - 03:25 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

Okay so you currently cannot connect to the internet and you possibly uninstalled your network driver and you may have malware.

I guess we need to get your internet working so you can head over to the " am I infected ? " section of the forum and have the malware pros help you.

Have you tried going to the samsung website and downloading/installing the current network drivers?  That would be my first thing to try.  Do you connect to the internet via wired or wireless connection?  There are two separate drivers that I saw.  One for wired and one for wireless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users