Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Hangouts 403 Error when people try to join

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JadedGrunt

JadedGrunt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

Greetings everyone.  I have a YouTube channel where I use live Google Hangouts to chat with people several times a week.  Yesterday I sent out my hangout invitation links like I always do but everyone got a 403 error when they tried to join.  They could join each other's hangouts but they could not join mine and I could not join their's.  I can make a hangout offline that I cannot go live with on YouTube and everyone can join that with no issues.  I have tried looking for a solution online but I can't find anything.  I have tried restarting and I have run Ccleaner, malwarebytes and anti-virus.  I am hoping that this is a simple fix.  It's really important that I get this fixed because my show depends on it. The exact errror is as follows:

403, that's an error

We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page

That's all we know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bopalot

bopalot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

im having the exact same problem. i need answers too. how long has it been doing it. mine started yesterday.

#3 JadedGrunt

JadedGrunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

It started on Wednesday.  It's annoying because my panel members can join each others hangouts.  I have a thread on the hangout help forum too but haven't gotten answers there, either.  I would hate to have to reformat and start from scratch just because of this issue. 

#4 bopalot

bopalot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

i think its gotta be something at their end. can u not take part in hangouts at all? im on a live one now but its not mine. i just cant host live ones. heres mine from yesterday and had the same probs tonight.

https://youtu.be/-u650EFNg_A

where abouts in the world r u? im in uk london. ur post was one of the first things i come across when i googled the problem, so hopefully more ppl have the issue will come along and see this.

Edited by bopalot, 13 March 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#5 JadedGrunt

JadedGrunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

I am in the US. On Wednesday when a friend tried to send me a hangout link I couldn't join.  This morning I could so maybe they have been working on it.

Edited by JadedGrunt, 13 March 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#6 AndySA

AndySA

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

Same here. I also get "Authorisation issue" and have a hangout dropped without explanation.

Maybe back to vaughn?

#7 bopalot

bopalot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

ive still got no joy. same thing as before.

#8 bopalot

bopalot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

anything anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users