Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Will Not Recognize My 4gb Sd Card.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sonrod

sonrod

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

Hello...this is by no means an emergency, but it is a pain in my hind parts. I just purchased an "A-Data My Flash 4gb SD Card" for use in my Treo 700P. For some reason my laptop (Gateway Tablet CX2618, Pentium M, 1.73G Processor, 1GB Ram) will not recognize the card. The card is recognized by my phone and I can use it in my desktop, but not my laptop.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to remedy this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

I am thinking it's the drivers... so I would check the gateway site to see if they have any updates for the card reader... Assuming this is an itegrated card reader.

#3 sonrod

sonrod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:27 AM

Thanks, I've done that. I even contacted Gateway and did the whole live chat thing. They determined that the card is not compatible. Is that true, or is that there way of saying, we don't care, figure it out?

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

It could possibly be tru... because of the size of the card I am not a professional electrician or whatever that build these things but I guess since that size of card is so big maybe older readers can't read it...

#5 sonrod

sonrod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

The laptop is three months old, so I don't think it's that. I had read something baout partitioning the sd card, anyone know anything about that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users