My Windows 7 laptop used to wake up using WOL on my local network, but after I unplugged it from the network one day and then re-plugged, I appear to have completely lost this functionality no matter what I do.
- Ensured that my Internet is only coming to the machine through a wired connection.
- The laptop is connected to a power source at all times.
- I have gone into to my wired network adapter's setting and have enabled: Wake on Magic Packet, Wake on Pattern Match, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Allow the device to turn of the computer to save power, allow this device to wake the computer, only allow a magic packet to wake the computer.
- I have consulted my BIOS (InsydeH2O) and I do not see any relevant settings and from what I can tell online WOL on should be enabled by default.
- The software sending the magic packet is using the correct MAC address for the laptop and the IP address for the wired network adapter.
I am truly putting the laptop to sleep, and not into hibernate mode or shut-down. I thought that this was all that was required in order for a WOL to work on a local network, but I appear to be missing something.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated! Many a frustrated hour has already been spent on this and I am at my wit's end.
Thank you in advance.