Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer scripting problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:58 AM

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC running XP SP3. I select the Disable script debugging Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes and clear the Display a notification about every script error check box but still getting the scripting error:

A script on this page is causing IE to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

No issues with FF or Chrome, any ideas please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

Hi mystic :)

Do you get that error on every webpages/websites you open on Internet Explorer, or only some of them?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

No it wasn't site specific which was what I had originally thought but now all of a sudden I am not seeing the errors anymore, maybe it just took a while for the the debugging options to take effect.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

It could be a leftover in your Internet cache file. You can try clearing the cache with TFC (Temp File Cleaner), just in case. It doesn't hurt, plus it's good to clean up the temp files on a system.

3DPGbxe.pngTemp File Cleaner (TFC)
  • Download and execute Temp File Cleaner (TFC);
  • Simply click on Start to launch the clean-up and wait until it completes;
    s5yB2E8.png
  • Depending on which processes are running, all your programs will be closed and explorer.exe (your Windows shell) will be killed, it will however be relaunched shortly after so do not panic;
  • There's no log to give for this tool;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:13 AM

Alright, thanks!

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:13 AM

No problem Mystic, let me know if the issue comeback :)

unite_blue.png

#7 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

Hi

Proper information for your specific problem will be found here along with a Fix it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500/

I had the same issue mostly on the Windows TP version of IE11.

This has nothing to do with temp files or cache, just ridiculous scripting that some webmasters feel necessary to present their pages.

Also... most of the sites generating the error are way off W3C compliancy.

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

#8 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

I advised the person to use either chrome or FF instead of IE but thanks for the help, will come in handy next time.

#9 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

I advised the person to use either chrome or FF instead of IE but thanks for the help, will come in handy next time.

He should definitely forget about IE 8. It's outdated, unsafe, and more and more websites are not supporting it anymore.

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

#10 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

IE8 is the most recent version that can be used on XP.

#11 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

IE8 is the most recent version that can be used on XP.

Yes, and it doesn't change the fact it's outdated. 

Firefox and Chrome will be the latest versions when installed on Windows XP. Many times more secure and superior to IE 8.

Edited by Phantom010, 12 March 2015 - 06:27 PM.

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users