Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seemingly random BSODs following mobo replacement

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ebbykirk

ebbykirk

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

I got this computer in November. It worked for a few months, then it basically became a brick. I RMA'd it and they replaced the motherboard. I believe they replaced it with the same model but I'm not 100% sure (I really hope they did or else they should have reinstalled Windows as far as I know). I've had it back for maybe a week and during that time I've had multiple blue screens. Two were kernel in page errors both referencing Ntfs.sys. They were both triggered when I plugged in a peripheral. I ran chkdsk but it didn't find anything major and I also ran SFC and it found no issues. The third was an ACPI Driver Internal BSOD. It had no obvious cause. After that, BSOD's have become more frequent. Next, I saw a System Service Exception BSOD and today I've had the Bad Pool Header BSOD twice within a few hours. Dump files and other logs are here (the folder was too big to attach): http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=26407331831497826274 I'd be very thankful for any help that can be offered. I had to wait something like 3-4 weeks for the manufacturer to replace the mobo and send it back and at this point I really just want it to work.

Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2015 - 06:52 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,465 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:43 AM

Send it back and have them replace it computer with a new one.

#3 ebbykirk

ebbykirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

These guys have customer service from hell. If I send it back again, I have to pay all the shipping costs, and I've heard so many horror stories that coupled with my own experiences with them I'm never buying from them again, and would prefer to not have to deal with them at all anymore. Do you have any idea what's wrong with it this time? If I can fix it by doing something like reinstalling Windows or even replacing yet another component, I'd rather do it myself than trust those people any more.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,465 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

You purchased a new computer 4 months ago, sent it back once for repair and it still is not working properly. Send it back and have them replace it under warranty.

#5 ebbykirk

ebbykirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

According to their warranty, they won't replace the computer unless they feel it's necessary. I called them today and was told I should try pulling out RAM sticks to see if I can figure out what's wrong with it myself. I was hoping someone who knows how to interpret BSOD dumps could help me troubleshoot it faster because based upon what the manufacturer said to me I have to basically test each component myself over time to see what the matter is now.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,465 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

Download BlueScreenView:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.

when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All

Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#7 ebbykirk

ebbykirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:06 PM

For whatever reason, neither of the two Bad Pool Header BSOD's show up, but the rest are pasted here for your perusal. Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT: When I pasted it it ended up clumping everything together into a text wall. I attached the .txt instead but if you still prefer the text wall let me know and I'll re-paste it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   28.71KB   2 downloads

Edited by ebbykirk, 13 March 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#8 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

Not to be captain obvious here, but have you downloaded and installed all the windows 7 updates?  It has also been suggested as I searched the web that you may be infected with malware.  Have you run scans already? I also read where it could be traced to a bad ram stick have you tried running memtest on it?

Edited by YeahBleeping, 13 March 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#9 ebbykirk

ebbykirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

The machine is current on updates and it came back clean on the scans I ran. I have thought about running Memtest... I ran Memtest before I sent the computer back to the manufacturer and after a full night everything looked good, but I haven't tried it since I got it back. I could try doing that again. Thanks for looking into this. :)

#10 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,465 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

You have multiple and varied bsod's. These are typically representative of one of two things: malware or major hardware failure (mobo, cpu, ram, etc). If you are certain your system is malware-free I have no choice but to reiterate my previous suggestion - return the system under warranty. It would be foolish to keep a "new" system that has hardware issues.

Edited by Allan, 14 March 2015 - 08:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users