Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Access to network with "Excellent Signal Strength"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kingdomspider

kingdomspider

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

My computer is not connecting to the internet, despite the network I'm trying to connect to having "Excellent Signal Strength."

My computer is running Windows 7 64-bit, 6GB of RAM and 1TB HDD.

I can't figure out any logical reason why I shouldn't be able to connect to the internet.

Some info:

-The wireless router was replaced recently (brand new one)

-The new network and password are not the problem (as in I've connected to this network before).

-I tried troubleshooting (and to no surprise, Windows troubleshooting tools were no help at all).

-This is a wireless connection

I don't have any idea what could be causing this. Another computer in the same house, as well as cell phones can connect to the network fine.

Edited by kingdomspider, 11 March 2015 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kingdomspider

kingdomspider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

Anyone? This doesn't seem like a difficult issue. I can't find the answer with a google search, but a forum for pc help should be able to help me figure it out, I think.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

-The new network and password are not the problem (as in I've connected to this network before).

Can you expound more on the password if you meant of using the same phrase and SSID (?) on the new router? I would also try removing previous and current wireless profile and then connect manually again.

Tekken

#4 kingdomspider

kingdomspider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

Can you expound more on the password if you meant of using the same phrase and SSID (?) on the new router? I would also try removing previous and current wireless profile and then connect manually again.

The WPA password is what I'm referring to. I have removed the profile and reconnected, with no luck.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

You would need a working computer wiht internet connection and a flash drive to /transfer, run and post the logs back next time. The computer needs to be connected on wireless while the programs are executed.

Download then run Farbar Service Scanner and checkmark all boxes.
Click Scan and then a Notepad text will open. Copy-Paste the report on your next reply.

Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.
When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users