Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Not Coming On

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 onefan

onefan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:08 AM

When i turn my computer on the light on the front is amber and the 4 lights on the back of the computer don't come on at all.The fans work and the light on the motherboard is on.I have already removed memory card, video card etc.but it still won't come on.thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:28 AM

Make and model of the PC?

What do you mean by "don't come on at all?" When you power it up, do you hear any beeps?

Try this. Reinstall the vid card, one stick of memory, and hook up your keyboard and monitor. Leave all drives disconnected, any other cards (e.g. modem, nic, sound) removed from their slots. In this 'basic' configuration, power up the machine and see if you get anything on the screen. If you do, write down exactly what it says, and let us know. If you hear any beeps note those as well. Some motherboards use different beep patterns to indicate problems with various components.

#3 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

take out the Cmos battey and wait 10 secs while holding the power button on.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users