Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP ammy scam now im locked out

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 barbied_26101

barbied_26101

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

Like a lot of others I fell for the ammyy scam but when it came to money time I did not pay an now I am locked otoh my hp notebook 2000 I didn't shut down in time now on start up I get "This computer is configured to require a password in order to start up!
I have read an read about all this on heartburn solutions for me I can not start up in safe mode, a hard restart doesn't work,taking out both batteries don't work! I didn't make a back up disk so am I SOL or is there a fix?

Edited by barbied_26101, 11 March 2015 - 01:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,054 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

Hi barbied_26101,

Does it look like this?:
post-219189-0-44271600-1408822172_thumb.

Please confirm you can get to the Advanced Startup Options (see methods 4-6 here or try SHIFT+F8 if you can, if you do not know how to get to Advanced Startup Options).

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#3 barbied_26101

barbied_26101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

Exactly like that but in advanced it tells me that it has to be done by an administrator an that there is none for this computer

#4 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,054 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

Hi barbied_26101,

At what part does it say that you need an administrator?

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#5 barbied_26101

barbied_26101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

FINALLY I RESTARTED MY LAPTOP WINDOWS8.1 as soon as I hit restart I kept hitting f11 which took me to where I could restore it it works thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users