Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Getting Started

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Angie Whipkey

Angie Whipkey

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:53 AM

Hello to whoever helps me! Here is a list of things that are going wrong with my pc.
--I can't pull up my Windows Task Manager
--My Disk Cleanup will not complete; it gets stuck compressing old files (I have left it running for almost 4 hours and still nothing)
--I have BitDefender on my computer and today I found out that I have Win32.Worn.VB.Ymeak.A on my computer
--My computer is running slow (which is not major considering I am a music junkie)

Ok. Now I've gone through the startup topic helper thing and had to stop at #4 I think, the Disk Cleanup, because it won't complete. So if someone could help me get that going then I can get everything else done to be able to get that stoopid virus off of my pc. :thumbsup: And also, I would like an opinion on Morpheus -- is it good or bad?? I believe that Morpheus is how I got this worm thing crawling in my pc in the first place. Thank you to whomever can help me with this. If you haven't read my introduction, then please note that I ask alot of questions, so please be patient with me! Thank you again, and again, for any help.

Angie
[font=Trebuchet Ms]Angie Whipkey[size=7][color=#663366][b]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

Hi Angie Whipkey,

Go ahead an continue with the steps in that post. If it will not allow you to go through any more steps, try to post a HJT log in the HJT forum.

Good luck Angie,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

All peer-to-peer programs have the potential of bringing you the infections that are on other people's machines.

What did BitDefender do with the worm? Hopefully, that's taken care of.

Uncheck "compress old files." It's not necessary unless you're hurting for space and then it would be better to burn some files off to a CD to free up space.

Make sure you have sufficient space before you attempt to run error checking or you could wind up in an endless loop and not be able to start Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users