Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Build 7601 Win not genuine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zzyzxgal

zzyzxgal

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

I already suspected some serious problems with this laptop... it was getting increasingly slower. My Avast AV didn't find anything.

It looked to me like TrustedInstaller.exe was running amok in the task manager so I did a little Googling to see if there was something going on out there. I downloaded solvusoft's Winthruster (didn't get the paid version) and let it fix 15 registry errors. I'd looked around to see if they were trusted... but I'm an idiot!  Granted, maybe the problem was more related to prior viruses on the system. But, immediately after Winthruster was done I got this message:

Windows 7

Build 7601

This copy of Windows is not genuine

I tried to restore to a prior point but wasn't allowed to. I'm sure the problem needs to be fixed before trying to put in my Windows license #. But, even worse than that is the fact that I don't have the license # written down & it's worn off the bottom of the laptop. I'm hoping that it still remains somewhere on here.

Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzyzxgal

zzyzxgal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

I noticed that many have viewed my post, but no one has yet responded. Is this problem something that has everyone stumped? Do I need to elaborate or word it differently?

I appreciate any help you could offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users