Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB problem. Working under debian but not under windows 8? unless...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 freestajlo

freestajlo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

Hey. I have peculiar problem, which i encountered recently after i have switched from win7 to 8 and from ubuntu to debian.

I have asus u36 sg ( i5, gf 610m, 4gb RAM, 128gb SSD) which has 2 USB 2.0 ports and one 3.0. The thing is, that when i start win8, the mouse connected to USB 2.0 (any device, stick etc.) port is dead.Suprisingly, when I start debian, it works totally fine

And now comes the fun part. When i reboot the system, after launching debian first and than select win8, the ports work!

I noticed that happend shortly after I accidently plugged off my laptop from power (the battery is out because the laptop is on my desk for most of the time) and i think it might be the cause. Could there be any short circuit that caused it? If so, why it's acting so weird. Win8 drivers are updated, and the other 3.0 port works fine under any circumstances...

My next step will be to reinstall win8 back to 7 and see if anything changes..

Any guesses guys?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users