Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with loading internet webpages after certain time

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blee-pingu

Blee-pingu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

Hi!

About a year ago I had an issue with an unwanted plug-in in my internet browsers. It was a very persistent plug-in, but thanks to the help of one guy I managed to get rid of it. However, now I think the plug-in had an effect on the performance of my browsers. For about a year now I am having the issue that after starting my computer (Windows 7) about 3,5 hours later my internet connection (only) in my browsers (in both Firefox, Chrome & Explorer) will suddenly stop working properly. This means that internet pages are not displayed anymore. When I try to go to load a web page it will try loading it, and then after a while give an error message saying the page cannot be displayed. However, the internet connection to my computer is not lost as sometimes an internet page is still displayed after a very long time, and applications that use an internet connection like Spotify keep running as well. Other people on the network have no troubles and I have the problem with different wifi- and cable networks, so the internet connection itself cannot be the problem. After restarting the computer the internet usually works normally again.

First I just thought about restarting my computer every 3,5 hours, but now I am so annoyed by this, that I really want this problem to get fixed. It's not very handy if you have to close all your programs if you're in the middle of working on something.The symptoms are still sort of the same as they were when they started to occur for the first time. However, sometimes (not usually) my browsers are also having struggles now just after starting the computer.

I have already taken some steps in order to get rid of the problem. For example, I have reinstalled my browsers (more than once in fact), but this did not have any effect. I also used CCleaner to clean up the system and I used my antivirus Avira to do a big check of the system but it didnt find any viruses. I have also performed a scan and fix with the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, scanned my system with ZOEK, performed a scan with AdwCleaner, used the Junkware Removal Tool (JRT), used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and done a check with HitmanPro. There did not seem to be any viruses on my computer or so. Unfortunately after all these steps the problem is still occuring. I am kind of lost right now and would love to get some help to solve the problem.

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Edited by Blee-pingu, 10 March 2015 - 04:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blee-pingu

Blee-pingu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

Anyone that could help me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users