Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail (web) + Outlook (desktop client) + Android Mail App: Ack!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 colin_21

colin_21

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hi All,

First post - thanks in advance for reading!

So I am having trouble getting my email to "sync" properly between three devices (using quotes because I don't actually want to sync, I believe):

1) Gmail web interface (used on remote computers - library, friends' homes, etc); 

2) Outlook mail client (home desktop computer);

3) Android email app (phone).

I would like Outlook on my home desktop computer to be the final destination - this is where I do most of my work and I prefer the functionality of Outlook.  I have been trying to set this up so that I can access and delete mail from either the web or phone, but whatever remains in my inbox will wind up in Outlook next time I open it - and once downloaded by outlook will no longer appear on Gmail / Phone. 

Currently its all awry. Mostly the Gmail /Outlook arrangement works, except that every message I send to others in Gmail also winds up in my Outlook inbox. Annoying but bearable. The phone is the real problem, though, messages that go to the phone stay on the phone and cannot be retrieved by either Gmail or Outlook, without manual forwarding.

Currently, I have Gmail set up to use POP and to delete messages from Gmail once they have been downloaded with POP.  I have my phone set up to use POP, with sync off (though manually syncing seems to make no difference), and to never delete messages from the server. 

Also, I would rather not use the gmail android app because I can either sync mail and contacts or sync nothing.  I don't want all my gmail contacts on my phone.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to streamline this?

Thank you!!!
Sean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users