Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thebathpirate

thebathpirate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:42 PM

I've got an ASUS monitor plugged into my PC with an HDMI cable, and a Dell monitor plugged in through the DVI port. The asus monitor works fine when it's just plugged in with the dvi, but as soon as both are plugged in the asus monitor says "DVI NO SIGNAL" and goes to sleep.
I've got a GeForce GTX770, and I've got windows 7.
Any help would be great thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:44 AM

Your post details are a little confusing - you speak of the ASUS as being connected via both HDMI and DVI, and the Dell through the DVI.

Can you clarify please the sequence of connection that loses the signal to the ASUS, and whether the connection from the DVI port is digital (DVI-D), or analog (DVI-I) to a VGA D-sub socket on the Dell?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 thebathpirate

thebathpirate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

So when I plug the ASUS in through DVI, everything works perfectly.
When I plug the Dell in through DVI and the ASUS in with HDMI, the ASUS still says "Dvi no signal", even though it's plugged in through HDMI.

The connection is DVI-D.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

Looks to me like the ASUS doesn't auto sense inputs, and is remaining on DVI input. I'd expect one of the control buttons on the ASUS will manually cycle through the available inputs, and would need to be changed from DVI to HDMI when you use the ASUS as a second monitor.

I have a BenQ that works that way. If I've used it on VGA or DVI in, and connect it to my laptop thru HDMI, it shows the previous mode (VGA or DVI) and says No Signal until I use the source button to move it to HDMI. Other monitors like Dell and Samsung at work automatically cycle through the inputs until they find a signal.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users