Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Updates

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trinity1

Trinity1

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Hi 

I have a hp Pavillion dv4 Notebook pc , windows vista service pack 2, 32 bit operating system 

last week I connected my laptop to my vizio tv with a HDMI cable to watch a video and it worked today when I tried the same thing the tv screen read no signal.  When I connect the HDMI cable the laptop makes a beeping noise but no picture on the tv nothing. The HDMI cables are working with other divices with direct tv box, playstation, bluray.  I've tried different HDMI cables and still same message.  I've tried googling to search similar problems. One site suggested drivers might be out of date. Please advise. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

Hello there,

It's very likely that the drivers in your system are outdated. Please go to "Windows update" and install all the recommended drives and features. http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5

Hope this helps! 

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

I wouldn't install graphic card drivers directly from the Windows Updates. These always seems to fail and create more issues than before installing them. Trinity1, can you open your "HP Support Center", then take a screenshot of the program window and post it here? I'll grab your laptop model number and link you the right graphic card drivers for it. At the same time, let's see if there's any other drivers you need.

mq1pzD6.pngHow to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Once done, attach that screenshot to your next reply;
3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      wNeKMCX.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:02 AM

Hi 

I have a hp Pavillion dv4 Notebook pc , windows vista service pack 2, 32 bit operating system 

last week I connected my laptop to my vizio tv with a HDMI cable to watch a video and it worked today when I tried the same thing the tv screen read no signal.  When I connect the HDMI cable the laptop makes a beeping noise but no picture on the tv nothing. The HDMI cables are working with other divices with direct tv box, playstation, bluray.  I've tried different HDMI cables and still same message.  I've tried googling to search similar problems. One site suggested drivers might be out of date. Please advise. 

Hello Trinity,

Your problem may be much simpler than updating drivers, so I would hold off on that for now.  This may sound silly, but first thing I would do is make sure your tv is set to the correct input for the cable location (e.g. hdmi1, hdmi2, etc).  Once that's ruled out, you may need to check your graphics card properties.  Connect the hdmi cable and go to 'graphics properties' (right click on your desktop or go to control panel to find the option).  When you open that window you will find many options which will vary depending on your graphics card, but you should see 'display devices'. In that section you can choose single display 'digital television', and whenever you connect the tv, the display will switch over. Save any changes and that should do it. Just remember to change the TV input each time.  I hope this helps. 

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users