Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Is Beeping When It Is Logged Into Windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jason884

Jason884

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:19 PM

I've been having a problem with my computer beeping when loaded into windows. After its been on for a few hours it will start to beep. It has one of those readers on it that tells you what the CPU temp is and fan speed and a load of other things. I noticed that CPU temp was always a little higher then it was at other times when it started to beep. So I put in another fan to help cool it down, but it did not stop the beeping. Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:14 AM

Two things to try right now.

1. BIOS beep & POST codes

2. Check the Event Viewer. Start> Programs> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer

Please post any errors you may find.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:37 AM

When I hear about temps that have started running higher than normal my first thought is to do a little house cleaning. Open up the case and take a can of compressed air blow off the boards, fans, nooks and crannys. If your CPU has a fan on it, check to see that the fans spins freely.

Adding another fan may help reduce your temps, I added a second fan to the front to draw air in, while the rear one exhausts it.

If you still have problems with temps after that, come back here and let us know, you could have another issue.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:05 AM

Hi Jason884, welcome to BC.
Probably would be best if you gave us your system specs and actual temps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users