Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BleepingComputer.com and OnlineVirusRepair partner for remote malware removal

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:21 PM

As of today, BleepingComputer is partnering with OnlineVirusRepair.com for those who are looking for immediate paid support. We routinely get requests from visitors for paid remote support services, which we turn down as it is not something this site offers. This has always bothered me as I knew many people were instead going to remote support or big brand support companies that I know are less than reputable or even qualified. After careful consideration and many long talks with the owners of remote support companies, we have determined that OnlineVirusRepair was the perfect fit to service the needs of our clients.

OVR is based out of California and provides 100% US based support. OVR does not try to upsell you on services and software you do not need. Their goal is to clean your computer and tighten it up so you do not get infected again. Unlike many of the remote support companies out there, we partnered with OVR because they do not believe in trying to upsell their clients by scaring them into buying software and services they do not need. In my eyes, OVR's methodology and goals align 100% with BleepingComputers and is a company I trust to send my visitors who are looking for paid support.

I want to reassure everyone that support here at BC has not changed! We will still continue to offer completely free support and that will never change. This partnership just allows us to provide an extra support method for those visitors who wish to pay someone to resolve their malware problems.

In full disclosure, BleepingComputer.com does make a commission for every sale we refer to OVR. With this said, this partnership is not about making money, but to be able to offer our visitors an extra support option with a company that I can trust not to scam my visitors.

At this time, remote support is only available to US visitors and is only for malware removal services.

I hope you are as excited as I am about this new partnership. For those who decide to use OVR in the future, please let us know how it worked out for you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

It looks awesome to be honest :) How does it works exactly? BleepingComputer is going to send trained helpers for OVR so they can take calls, or if someone post here requesting immediate, paid support, a helper will assist him throught OVR?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

It looks awesome to be honest :) How does it works exactly? BleepingComputer is going to send trained helpers for OVR so they can take calls, or if someone post here requesting immediate, paid support, a helper will assist him throught OVR?

I think of it more as BC referring people that wants paid tech support help to OVR, Aura.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

Ah yes, it makes sense. Well, maybe it can be possible in the future for malware removal helpers on BC to give assistance throught OVR :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 iangcarroll

iangcarroll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

How is this being integrated? A button, a sticky, etc?

Seems neat.

Ian Carroll https://ian.sh • Certly Inc

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

Various banners in select virus removal guides at first. Rolling it out slowly.

#7 DanOVR

DanOVR

OVR Rep

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

:hello: Thanks for the warm welcome Lawrence! 

I'm Dan Steiner, one of owners here at Online Virus Repair. We're thrilled and honored to be a part of this community. I owe a lot of what I've learned throughout the years to the volunteers and staff here, and if I could personally thank every one of you, I would. Unfortunately, you'll have to settle for a virtual handshake. 

We started Online Virus Repair because, well, let's face it... there aren't too many ethical remote tech support companies these days. The industry is hopelessly flooded with scam artists, poor ethics, outsourcing, and questionable business practices.

My company is a small team of friendly, malware intrigued individuals under one roof here in San Luis Obispo, California.  We don't have any contracts, up-sells, crazy phone systems, or any of the other nonsense that's all too common among other companies. Ultimately, we want to keep people away from the overseas and scam-driven companies that are so prevalent these days.

Just to reiterate, we are not here to take anything away from the free support community. For those of you with questions, concerns, or anything else, I welcome you to reach out to me. I'm always happy to chat. 

#8 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

Ouch!

OVR_zpsjbdql46f.jpg

#9 DanOVR

DanOVR

OVR Rep

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

Ouch!

Are you referring to the price or the roundhouse kick?  :P

#10 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Lol, both.  :wink:  Price seems a bit steep but then again it's only a fraction of what the big box thieves like GeekSquad charge. :whistle:  Receiving such an earnest & enthusiastic endorsement/partnership from a trusted authority such as Grinler is high praise indeed & I wish you both the best of luck in your joint endeavor.

BTW, I noticed you're located in SLO, CA; it's such a beautiful area, I have about a million relatives in that vicinity and have spent a lot of time there. (Does the name "Lucky Louie" mean anything to you? It should if you grew up in SLO :P )

Edited by Union_Thug, 13 March 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#11 DanOVR

DanOVR

OVR Rep

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

Lol, both.  :wink:  Price seems a bit steep but then again it's only a fraction of what the big box thieves like GeekSquad charge. :whistle:  Receiving such an earnest & enthusiastic endorsement/partnership from a trusted authority such as Grinler is high praise indeed & I wish you both the best of luck in your joint endeavor.

BTW, I noticed you're located in SLO, CA; it's such a beautiful area, I have about a million relatives in that vicinity and have spent a lot of time there. (Does the name "Lucky Louie" mean anything to you? It should if you grew up in SLO :P )

Hey, we include the virtual martial arts free with our service.  :luke:

It does seem to be like a lot of moolah, however, we do go well above and beyond most other services out there, and even bundle in Malwarebytes Premium (and a number of other premium pieces of software) to keep our clients protected from re-infections. 

I hate to rub it in, but it's currently an amazing 80 degrees here in SLO. Lucky Louie is a classic. If you're ever around the area, come check out our office downtown! 

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

however, we do go well above and beyond most other services out there

I like that. It's nice to see that some people offer a service way beyond what they are asked to do. That's what I used to do when I was doing malware removal on other forums :P

unite_blue.png

#13 DanOVR

DanOVR

OVR Rep

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

however, we do go well above and beyond most other services out there

I like that. It's nice to see that some people offer a service way beyond what they are asked to do. That's what I used to do when I was doing malware removal on other forums :P

Good man! It doesn't do any good to clean the bad stuff up and not close the door that allowed it in. 

#14 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

It does seem to be like a lot of moolah, however, we do go well above and beyond most other services out there, and even bundle in Malwarebytes Premium (and a number of other premium pieces of software) to keep our clients protected from re-infections.

Got a list for the stuff you guys recommend?

#15 DanOVR

DanOVR

OVR Rep

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

Got a list for the stuff you guys recommend?

Hi there! As far as premium software we recommend: Malwarebytes Premium, Avira Pro, Ninite, and occasionally CCleaner.

Avira is the only piece of software we sell individually. I'm also a big fan of Emsisoft and Hitman Pro. We're looking into adding that to our toolkit (working on licensing for my techs)

Adblock Plus is a great little plugin for browsers as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users