Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peachjelly

Peachjelly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563397/the-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware/ - Hamluis.

I am having more-or-less the same problem as oboel.

I had updated my NVIDIA driver for my 8800 GS to the latest version, but it was buggy as heck and made the computer freeze up every few minutes to a point I needed to hard-restart each time.

I used DDU to clean-uninstall the driver so that I could install an older, more stable, version. However, now I'm getting the same error message oboel is getting, "nvidia installer cannot continue...graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". I've made sure the driver I'm trying to install is meant for my 8800 GS, and I've even tried several other versions to no avail.

My Device Manager is currently showing my display adapter to be the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, which I'm sure is what the computer installed as default after I wiped the NVIDIA software off.

I'm using Windows 7

I have NVIDIA 8800 GS hardware

Somebody, please help me!

Edited by hamluis, 09 March 2015 - 12:42 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hello is this Windows 7 32 or 64 bit and what driver version are you trying to install?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users