Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection Issues with ethernet cable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fiji_Water

Fiji_Water

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hey guys, 

So yesterday as I launched a computer game on my desktop, it was stuck at the loading screen and was attempting to connect to the network. I closed out of the game, and then my internet just stopped working (I am also connected through the ethernet cable on a LAN network). Anyways, I went to bed and this morning nothing changed. I troubleshoot to see what the problem is and I get the message "Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues", with the problem "The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken". I tried replacing the ethernet cable with 3 other ones, all resulting in the same issue. I have restarted my computer normally and in safe mode, and I have done a system restore. I live in an apartment so the only way to reset the modem is to unplug it, which I've done numerous times. I've also performed a clean boot with msconfig.exe, and I've tried to reset the winsock connection via cmd. Also when I plug in any of the ethernet cables to my laptop I can connect to the LAN just fine, the only issue is that it wont connect with my desktop. Does anyone know what the problem could be, I'm trying to do everything before calling in someone to inspect/fix it. All help is very much appreciated! Thanks 

EDIT: Im sorry I posted this in the wrong section; it should be under Windows 7    Mod Edit:  Merged posts - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 09 March 2015 - 12:29 PM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

Is your wireless working?  I had the same thing happen to me regarding ethernet, I thought hardware, took it to my local business-oriented computer store.  Something closed down the ethernet card alright, they ran some anti-malware, anti-bloatware, etc. -- got desktop back w/hard-wire & wireless intact.  Actually, I added wireless right on the spot, now, if one goes down, the other probably will stay running.  Be forewarned, if you run Combofix, JRT, RKill, and other things of that nature -- there may be a price in other areas of functionality.  Finally, I simply rolled back to a month-old C-partition backup via Acronis True Image -- and everything was working fine.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Fiji_Water

Fiji_Water
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

Yes my wireless connection is fine, my desktop does not have the function to connect to the wirless network, but my laptop and phone can connect with no issues. 

Edited by hamluis, 09 March 2015 - 04:31 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,612 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Download Netadapter repair here. Right click the exe file and Run as Administrator. Select Advanced Repair. Reboot. If that does not work rerun and select enable Lan Adapter and click the Run all Selected Button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users