Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CONTACTING ISP ON ANOTHER FORUM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 I am scared

I am scared

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

On cf they said they would contact my isp but I was using a proxy, so I'm not sure whether or not they'd be able to contact them.

And I know they can identify my devices and general location. But I just want to be sure they can't contact my isp

so I just wanted to ask staff if they could tell someone ess real sip under the use of a proxy?

Edited by I am scared, 09 March 2015 - 11:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 I am scared

I am scared
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

nm. deleted my post

Why did you delete it?

Can they tell who my isp is when I'm unDer a proxy?

#3 I am scared

I am scared
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

@grinler

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

I moved your topic to a better location. It depends on how the proxy is setup. If they issue the X-Forwarded-For, then your ip address will be revealed.

#5 I am scared

I am scared
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

I moved your topic to a better location. It depends on how the proxy is setup. If they issue the X-Forwarded-For, then your ip address will be revealed.

Oh. Wait what... It's not just my ip address that identifies me, then?

An admin on another forum told me something about 'using a proxy doesn't hide my identity' as apparently they track certain details about ny PC. Is this.. What?

Tracking multiple accounts through 'x person owns all these devices'. What's that all about? I figured out it's something similar like that.cos all my devices.. What? I'm confused. Something like that, but they refused to tell me the precise details of course.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

Why is it you so concerned and why did this ad,om state this? Were you trolling on their forum through a proxy?

We don't feed trolls here.

#7 I am scared

I am scared
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

Why is it you so concerned and why did this ad,om state this? Were you trolling on their forum through a proxy?We don't feed trolls here.

I just find it strange. I'm curious. No, the admin stated this cos I keep creating accounts there after I'm banned. It's nor exactly against the rules as such, it wasn't stated, but apparently it's considered harassement if done repeatedly after them making it clear you're not welcome there. Would yu agree?

Just, the admin told me it's to do with my devices. Grinler, by the way you type you seem to know the details as you probably have the same here. Mind filling me in? It must be to do with something about who owns the device, something I input when buying the computer, rather than device characteristics. Please tell me precisely. It's just they know it's me if I change my device so that's how I guessed. You implied I'm right too. Will you fill me in?

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

We find Trolls just as annoying as the Admin who banned. We are not going to help you regarding this.

Maybe stop annoying forum admins and you wont have this problem?

This topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users