Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:43 AM

Hi there is a client of the company i work with getting the following error message when she opens outlook but she then clicks ok and it works away,the message is    Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request.

Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.    

i have seen some fixes involving changing a registry key but if i do thast will that effect her outlook sending and recieving? also there was another user had that pc before could her profile be causing this problem, andi checked outlook and the current users settings are rite and she is the default aswell,so can ye give me a fix for this or what i should do,i have set up logmein on her pc so i can do it remotely

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

also in the registry when i follow the path into the outlook hive,how do i know the key or subkey to delete?

#3 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:00 PM

should i run scanpst? will that fix it withour deleting my settings etc

#4 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

if i go to scanpst and run that and it fixes repairs will it delete anything or will it be ok?

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

also posted here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569236/outlook/

Please do not start mulitple topics about the same issue. It is confusing for you and those trying to help you.

All discussion of this should continue in your other topic. Reask your questions in that topic.
This one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users