Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new video card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CFriscia

CFriscia

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

My daughter is trying to upgrade an older computer a little. it had a Geforce 7600 video card. Video card fan is dying and overheating. She has a 430 w psu. is there a little better card that is not to expensive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:43 AM

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer  `

yes, there are a few nice ones available that aren't too expensive. i can list one that caught my attention a few days ago, it is good for slim profile cases and challenged power supplies, and is retro compatible with legacy PCI x16 slots....the gt730..i will list the one i found that looks like a sweet deal and has all the features that a home PC user will find appealing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127830&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

also, if this is your first time installing one, you can seek advice and guidance here before proceeding. i remember when i first installed one a few years ago, it went seamlessly for me, but i am aware that is not always the case.

Edited by synergy513, 09 March 2015 - 02:51 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users