Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error code 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jazzy46

jazzy46

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

Received error code 10 when trying to reinstall Microsoft Teredo tunneling adaptor. What is the best fix ? This my first post , I rarely have issues I can't figure ouut on my own . Thanks for any advice anyone can give !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

See Code 10 Errors , it may help.

Louis

#3 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Hello there, 

This is usually cased by corrupt drivers in your system so I would suggest a "Windows update" as a starting point. 

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

Hi jazzy46 :)

Is your network configured to use IPv6? If not, you don't need to install the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Adatper. This device/driver exists to encapsulate IPv6 packets in IPv4 ones to communicate them over a network. However, if you don't use IPv6 at all on your network (and it have to be configured for it if you use it), you don't need to install the adapater nor use it. A lot of Windows system will have that driver in error since it's not used but it won't affect anything.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users