Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Selecting/unselecting problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SmartasaRock

SmartasaRock

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

I am not sure what's going on because I've definitely got more than one glitchy behavior going on here. But the thing that is really getting me is not being able to highlight and keep text highlighted. It seems to unselect whenever it feels like it, usually as soon as I take my finger off the touch pad, and it selects upon releasing after I scroll. And it's driving me nuts. Any ideas on what I should check? And of course thank you to anyone who reads this and spends any time on it. 

Edited by SmartasaRock, 08 March 2015 - 11:27 PM.

Before you judge me, know that when I do something wrong it's because I'm an idiot, not because I'm evil.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reast82

reast82

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

Hi,

I have a Dell XT2 and it seemed my mouse would scroll, select / unselect and all the rest. This little program did the trick. It's called TouchFreeze

https://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

#3 SmartasaRock

SmartasaRock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

Mod Edit:  Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Uh yeah that might help me, had that problem for as long as I've been using laptops and I thank you for the link. A moderator told me I probably have a bug too so I'm going to take this to the infected forum, I guess.  :smash:

Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2015 - 06:15 PM.

Before you judge me, know that when I do something wrong it's because I'm an idiot, not because I'm evil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users