Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with this question

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 emart

emart

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

I was wondering if this processor (Intel® Core i7-4810MQ Mobile Processor 2.80 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.80 GHz) would be good enough for laptop gaming?... Will I be able to play games like H1Z1, custom zombies and Counter Strike GO with minimal lag?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

In your case the computer itself should run the games you want just fine

Some things that can affect game play are cpu / video card capabilities-

and Internet connection.  You brought up Lag which infers internet connection
latency/ping/ connection speed/ and a myriad of how good your connection is
to the internet.

If you have a good video card and system then you should have minimal system ' lag '

but if your internet connection is poor all the power in your computer won't save
you from bad or poor internet.

Since you didn't say what kind of graphics card is in the system we can only suppose
that your system will run fine.  But the question on 'minimal lag' we cannot answer.

#3 emart

emart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

Ok thanks.. Btw it has a 4gb Nvidia Geforce graphics card

What is a good download/upload speed for gaming and what is a good ping to have

And do u have any sugestions for good cheap gaming routers

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Upload and download don't mean as much as ping to the server generally you want a ping of under 150ms the lower the better.

If you have multiple computers or laptops or devices you want to connect to your internet connection almost any router will do. I generally stay with the top consumer brands of either DLink or Netgear, but there are other brands that are just as good.

#5 emart

emart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

Ok sounds great... Do u by any chance know the thickness of the cyberpower fangbook III HX6 - 100 when its closed cause i've been trying to find it but i can't and i don't want a laptop that is super bulky.. But if u don't thats fine

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Looks like 1.46 inches

#7 emart

emart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Do u think thats too bulky or nah?

#8 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

Its a typical laptop size.  Its not a slim ... at this point it is going to be personal preference.  The thing is any type of gaming type laptop is going to be thicker because of the required cooling and possible discreet video.

#9 emart

emart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Alright. Thank you very much. Those were the questions i needed answered, now i will buy the laptop..

#10 emart

emart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:30 PM

What is a good frames per second on games like H1Z1 and counter strike etc.. Like 60 or more

#11 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

Typically a gamer (like me) wants at least 60fps in games.  The reason for that is because when there is a lot of action on the screen you will get ' frame drop ' your fps starts to diminish when guns are being fired all over the place and there is a lot of movement/action on the screen so the higher the better.  I normally get around 90FPS in a game like ' world of tanks ' but I see it drop to the low 60s when there is a big battle taking place so .. again .. Its hard to answer what works for you.  I am not familiar with H1Z1 and it's mechanics.  Typically games like mmorpgs and slow moveing scenes do no generate much in the realm of frame drop.

#12 emart

emart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

Does the internet connection affect the fps or is it more the specs of the computer

And it says i can get a free upgrade to 16gb ram... Should i do that or is 8gb fine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users