Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions about purchasing Office 2010

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fred93

fred93

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

I want to purchase office 2010 and install it on two of my personal desktop PC's. I am completely overwhelmed by the number of people selling Office 2010 and the wide range of prices that they are asking. I had no idea that Office 2010 could be downloaded--what are the pros and cons for downloading software like Office 2010???

I see some people on ebay that are selling Office 2010 software that comes with a CD/DVD that has been "professionally removed" from another PC--is this a legal way to resell 2010 or would I just be wasting my money?

I would like to purchase the software legally but I don't want to over pay for it!!!

Anyone out there have any ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

You can transfer Microsoft Office from one computer to another but you would need to trust the seller on that. One tip. If you have a student at home you may be able to get office 2013 for free.

http://onthehub.com/download/free-software/microsoft-office-2013/

#3 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:15 PM

No students at home.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

Do you need the power of Office 2010. There are a few alternatives.

Free:

Libre Office

Wps

Low Cost:

Ashampoo Office

#5 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:17 AM

In that list John, you forget to mention OpenOffice. That is probably one of the most widely used free Office suites ever. Also, you might be able to find a version of Office 2010 or 2013 on Amazon or eBay that will be cheaper than the price MS sets on it.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

I want to purchase office 2010 and install it on two of my personal desktop PC's. I am completely overwhelmed by the number of people selling Office 2010 and the wide range of prices that they are asking. I had no idea that Office 2010 could be downloaded--what are the pros and cons for downloading software like Office 2010???

I see some people on ebay that are selling Office 2010 software that comes with a CD/DVD that has been "professionally removed" from another PC--is this a legal way to resell 2010 or would I just be wasting my money?

I would like to purchase the software legally but I don't want to over pay for it!!!

Anyone out there have any ideas???

I purchased my copy of Office 2010 Academic Professional on ebay and I have never had problems with it. It was sealed and came with a DVD. I highly recommend having a DVD copy because there are a lot of things that can go wrong with a PC's internet connection. Buy from a seller that has 100% feedback and you should have no problems. If it is any help, I paid about $125 for mine in 2011 and have loaded it on to about 5 different family PCs.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users