Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistent Adware after Removing Trojan 'Webcam' Software

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 zoibie

zoibie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

I started getting a load of skype looking popups and yellow banner adverts on every web page I visited and on every browser I used. I uninstalled some suspicious 'webcam installer' software that my antivirus wasn't picking up and which I hadn't installed myself and that fixed the problem temporarily. It started again recently (I'm still trying to figure out which website not to trust) but removing another webcam program only fixed the issue in Opera. Reinstalling Chrome didn't fix that issue but clearing browsing data did. Now it's started popping up in the Steam browser, even in safe mode, and reinstalling/clearing cache/resetting router to factory defaults/running every antivirus under the sun hasn't helped. It's not affecting any other browser so I think I'm close to getting rid of it? 

Attached File  Addition.txt   28.21KB   2 downloadsAttached File  FRST.txt   51.67KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zoibie

zoibie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Never mind, doing a system restore got rid of it. Wish I'd thought of that sooner. 

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,933 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:42 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users