First i apologize if this is the wrong forum to post as i am new. Been at this 3 days now and need some help >.<
- Computer cannot connect to Xbox.com google chrome error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.
- Windows update fails (error code "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000")
- Can't connect to AVG.com Avast.com and various others, if i do connect if i attempt to download i get the Empty Response page.
- Cannot download programs from many sites, might connect to the site but the moment i attempt to download it gives me the empty response.
Steps i have taken or tried.
- Ipconfig /release /renew
- DNS Flush and renew
- Malwarebytes scan, came back with multiple pup files and Security.Hijacker. Removed all from safe mode
- Adwcleaner scan and repair
- Multiple attempts at system recovery. Worked 2x and after about a hours time reset to blocking.
- Restored defaults to internet settings, and firewall
- Ran Kaspersky AV no results just potential threats ,all i had repaired.
- Restored router and modem to factory defaults and ran set up. For Netgear.
System restore points are down to 1 now, don't recall deleting points myself. The last restore will not undo; was trying to recreate the last scenario which worked for me to attempt downloading different anti-virus.
Seems to affect more than my computer, Windows phone is connected to wifi can use internet explorer but refused to connect for facebook messenger to update and windows store says to try again later. Xbox connection test shows i'm connected to internet and network but fails to connect to xbox live. After the system restores that worked they all could connect. Malwarebytes and my AV show nothing infected.
Running Win7x64 SP1, Malwarebytes pro and updated, and Kaspersky AV updated. HP 2000 Notebook.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, i do not own a Win7 recovery disc or installation disc as it was already on my laptop when i purchased it.
Edited by Trox88, 08 March 2015 - 09:15 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.