Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unrecognized Folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 john21o

john21o

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

Some folders on my pen drive no longer show up as folders and seem to be unrecognized files (see link for screen shot). One of these folders is important. Any way to fix this?

http://i.imgur.com/RfDG3sS.jpg?1

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 March 2015 - 12:13 PM.
Moved to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,636 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

Hello, and Welcome

Look in the Bootex.log. Does it mention that the folders were changed to files? I am not sure how you would get your files back as this indicated data corruption. If you have a folder with chk files you can use this utility to try and recover any files. Chk files are usually placed in a folder called found.000.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users