Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing issues Dell xps l702x popped up after installing GTA SA from steam

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fdev

fdev

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

Hello everyone,

have recently been experiencing some issues with the computer freezing momentarily (mostly for not even a second)...

the issue first appeared a while after i installed GTA SA from steam (came with the pre order for GTA V) and first occured in game.

It affects the whole computer, although shortlived it's annoying as hell as you can imagine beacause every few minutes it does the same....

Appears to affect the whole computer not only video or audio playback (which i first thought was the case).

Ran combofix, etc... because i thought it was possibly a virus/malware, but now i'm doubting if it is maybe hardware related? (if that's possible)

Atm i'm completely at a loss what to do next, so any help is welcome!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

Since you problem start after installing the GTA SA, I would suggest uninstalling it to see if this is causing the problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users